Looking for the ultimate solution for your sleep troubles? It’s time to get yourself a weighted blanket. With the potential to improve circulation and relieve stress, this might just be the missing ingredient in your sleep equation. On that note, let’s look at the factors you need to keep in mind when choosing a weighted blanket:
- Weight: As you already know, a weighted blanket relies on its mass to provide a calming effect. The rule of thumb is to pick a blanket that weighs 10 percent of your body weight plus 2-3 pounds for a good measure.
- Filler material: Go for a blanket filled with glass beads if your budget allows; they’re much more durable and have a less likelihood of bunching. Other options include foam beads, plastic pellets and pebbles.
- Size: This is a crucial consideration for couples that share beds; be sure to get a blanket that will fully cover the both of you.
- Cover: Most weighted blankets come with duvet-style covers made of soft microfiber. Still, natural material like bamboo is more preferable if you want a blanket that will also keep you cool on hot nights.
- Cost: As always, you’ll only get as much quality as you’re willing to pay for. With a bit of shopping around, however, you should be able to find a decent option without having to break the bank.