So you’ve been thinking of getting a set of Colored Contact Lenses, but not sure about the pros and cons.
Here is a shortlist of three pros and cons by medical ophthalmology experts to help you make an informed choice.
THREE REASONS TO WEAR COLORED LENSES:
• To give you a natural enhanced look, use a lightly tinted
• For optimal comfort and minimal risk always got to your
optometrist or ophthalmologist who will always advise the
best choice lenses.
• If you go the prescription route i.e.: you see your
optometrist or doctor, then there is minimal to no risk of
infection if you not only follow the prescription but also
the basic hygiene rules of caring and handling it
THREE REASON TO AVOID COLORED LENSES:
• If you just go out and purchase online or at any drug or
cosmetic store without consulting your doctor is very
• Colored contacts don’t always give you the result you want
especially if no prescription or consultation with a doctor
• If used or handled improperly the lens can not only cause
vision problems but can cause serious and permanent damage
Specialist don’t usually recommend colored lenses as it offers slightly less visibility as per the lens is pigmented unlike natural clear lenses, but if you do the best is to go the doctor and prescript way and follow their instructions 100% for best results.